Socket installation guides
(APPLICABLE FOR METALLICA, AC/DC)
PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME SOCKETS ARE INSTALLED USING A LONGER SCREW AND NYLON SPACER
Sockets that are installed adjacent to the slingshot mechanism arms are installed with a longer screw and nylon spacer (both included in your kit) in order to ensure proper clearance of the bulb from the movement of the arm.
- Install one colour string of bulbs at a time.
- Use the maps below to locate the positions of the sockets to be removed and of those to be added.
- Place a bulb in each socket before you screw the socket into the playfield.
- Once all the new sockets for a colour are screwed in place, take the first of the pair of cables of that colour and join each connector to one of the tabs on each socket. It does not matter which tab on the socket you choose. Be careful, the tabs will bend if you apply pressure out of alignment. Press the connector home until it clicks in place. The connection is quite firm.
- Take the second cable of the same colour and repeat the above connection step. Make sure the cables end at the same socket.
- Now repeat the socket installation steps for each of the remaining two colours.
Playfield socket installation maps..
METALLICA SOCKET CONNECTION CONFIGURATION
AC/DC SOCKET CONNECTION CONFIGURATION (CODE VERSION 1.XX)
AC/DC SOCKET CONNECTION FOR CODE V2.0 AND LATER
CONNECTING THE SPOTLIGHTS (METALLICA ONLY)
If you have installed your socket strings correctly, there will be two red connectors tapped into the white string that are located around the slingshot mechanisms. These are the connection points for adding the spotlights into the controlled white string.